The Stephen Leacock House was built in 1928 on the shores of Lake Couchiching in Orillia. This historic residence was the second building constructed on this property and it served as home to the famous Canadian author and academic until his death in 1944. It is believed that this 3.9 hectare property served as the inspiration for Leacock’s 1912 masterpiece Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town. In 1992, the property was designated as a National Historic Site and now functions as a museum.
The Museum provides a fantastic backdrop for a wedding celebration and we were honoured to provide a fully catered bbq meal recently on the property.
For more information on hosting a wedding at the Stephen Leacock Museum, click HERE. For more information on Stephen Leacock, please click HERE.